Firstly, a very big THANK YOU to the wonderful members who responded to my plea for clothing protectors for Young Care.
I will be making a first delivery of a dozen this week.
I knew if I put the word that they were needed out there that you would come through as usual.
This month's meeting had the Knitwits continuing to produce lovely knitted and crocheted items...
including these cuddly toys destined for First Response
These two beautiful quilts are going to flood victims
and this is another lap quilt destined for Nursing Homes.
There were lots of quilts for our ongoing Love and Care project
They are a great opportunity to try out your hand at designing your own quilt.
Then there was this magnificent specimen.
This labour of love by Janice contains over 10 000 tiny hexagons !
Ione will be conducting a class on this type of quilt later in the year.
She has completed this New York design masterpiece as a result of a workshop held last year.
There were lots of small quilts to show
and this beautiful piece of embroidery,
an absolute work of art......
all done in chain stitch.
What a talented group !
( I think I say that every month !!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment